- Founder and Managing Partner of Morey & Upton, LLP
John Howard Upton is one of the most respected and accomplished personal injury attorneys in Southern California with landmark cases that include:
- $6 million verdict for the wrongful death of a client’s mother
- Personal Injury Case Settlement in Excess of $3.5 Million
- $3.1 million settlement for a client injured on a construction site by faulty crane operation
- $2.5 million settlement for a motorcyclist who suffered traumatic brain injuries in an accident vs. a bicyclist
- $2.5 million settlement for a family involved in a truck vs. auto accident
These and other accomplishments are the reason Mr. Upton has received the following recognition:
- Top 10 Personal Injury Attorneys in California (Attorney and Practice Magazine)
- Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters)
- Client’s Choice Award and Top Attorney (AVVO)
- 10 Best Attorneys for Client Satisfaction (American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys)
A seasoned professional, a vehement advocate, and an innovative strategist, Mr. Upton is a founding partner and the managing partner of Morey & Upton, LLP. Mr. Upton specializes in representing seriously injured plaintiffs and their families in personal injury cases.
Mr. Upton earned his Juris Doctorate from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles where he served as Editor-In-Chief of the Loyola of Los Angeles International and Comparative Law Journal. His tireless work ethic and commitment to exemplary work product secured him a scholarship and membership in the prestigious St. Thomas More Law Honor Society. Mr. Upton was admitted to practice law in California in 1988 and immediately joined the highly esteemed law firm of Sheppard Mullin. He quickly established himself as a fiercely dedicated associate with an exemplary work ethic. A few years later, Mr. Upton was recruited by the internationally-acclaimed firm of Morrison & Foerster. It was there that he polished the diligent approach that would soon distinguish him as one of the state’s premier attorneys.
During his early years with two of the foremost law firms in the country, Mr. Upton developed his vision of a conscientious, innovative, and tenacious practice grounded in the sincere commitment that each and every client’s interests should not only come first, but should be carefully cultivated and integrated into each and every case.
Mr. Upton has established himself as an expert in the negotiation, settlement, and litigation of personal injury matters. He represents individuals who have suffered catastrophic injuries, with a special emphasis on the families of loved ones who have succumbed to injuries sustained in serious accidents.
An active member of the State Bar of California, Mr. Upton is certified to practice in both State and Federal Court. He is an active and consistently contributing member of the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. Upton’s commitment to his craft, the specifics of each and every case, and every individual he represents has resulted in the recovery of millions of dollars for his clients. He has persevered to earn the reputation in the legal community as a tireless advocate for his clients and a hard-nosed attorney well regarded for his proven track record of putting the unique needs of each of his clients first.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury
- California, 1988
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Member
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Morrison & Foerster