- Senior Litigation Associate Attorney
Robyn Mallon is a senior litigation associate attorney who joined Morey & Upton, LLP in 2019. Her extensive litigation experience and creative argument skills have enhanced recoveries for a range of clients with varying injuries. She brings her extensive resourcefulness and research abilities to every client’s case, and has recovered millions of dollars for injury victims.
- $4 million in a pedestrian vs. automobile collision case
- Over $1 million for a defective deck which collapsed and caused numerous injuries
- $1 million rear-end automobile collision
- Over $900,000 for a sideswipe auto collision
- Over $700,000 for an automobile vs. motorcycle collision
Ms. Mallon graduated magna cum laude from Michigan State University College of Law. Prior to law school, she earned her Masters of Business Administration degree from Eastern Illinois University, where she received a full scholarship and worked as a teaching assistant in finance and operations management. Her undergraduate degree is from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
After passing the Illinois bar, Mallon began her legal career as an Assistant State’s Attorney for the Madison County State’s Attorney’s office. She then practiced bankruptcy (including complex corporate reorganizations), real estate, employment law, and corporate law at a boutique firm in Illinois. She moved to California to serve as in-house litigation counsel for the United States Postal Service, where she routinely defended employment law cases at trial before agencies such as the EEOC. She also successfully prosecuted numerous trials before the Merit Systems Protection Board, all of which were upheld on appeal by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Mallon is admitted to practice law in California, Illinois, and the Central District of California United States District Court and Bankruptcy Court. She is a member of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles and Consumer Attorneys of California.
Recently, Mallon co-wrote winning appeals brief holding that the Privette liability exceptions do not apply to defendants not in the chain of employment, a major change in California law that will favor future plaintiffs. See Ramirez v. Pk1 Plaza 580 SC LP, et al. (publication pending).
Areas Of Practice
- Bankruptcy (including complex corporate reorganizations)
- Real Estate
- Employment Law
- Corporate Law
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Central District of California
- Michigan State University, Detroit College of Law, East Lansing, Michigan
- Eastern Illinois University
- M.B.A., Master of Business Administration
- Honors: Received a Full Scholarship
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Undergraduate Degree
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Assistant State’s Attorney for the Madison County State’s Attorney’s office
- Teaching Assistant in Finance and Operations Management, Eastern Illinois University